The Fullersburg Cemetery is the final resting place of many of the founders of Fullersburg and Hinsdale. Many of the area’s WWI and Civil War soldiers are buried there along with a Confederate soldier in an unmarked grave. A walk through the cemetery takes one back to the early days of settlement of the area. The large group of Fuller family graves includes that of Jacob Fuller and his wife Candace, whose stone marks the oldest grave. Their son, Ben, who donated the land for the cemetery in 1851, lays nearby, along with Morell Fuller, a drummer in the Civil War. John Coe, a conductor on the Underground Railroad, and his son Samuel, another Civil War veteran, are buried there. Other names that evoke the past are Van Velzer, Fox, Franke, Ruchty, Walker, and Wegener. Through the efforts of the Fuller family and the Fullersburg Historic Foundation the cemetery is opened to the public on Memorial Day each year. The cemetery is located at the North end of Garfield Street, between Fuller Road and Maumell Street in Hinsdale.